Last Updated: 12 June 2023
This policy covers all of our interactions with our customers, business partners and anyone who is not an employee or contractor of Hoults Limited. This policy covers how we collect and process personal data via www.hyhubs.com and the cookies we apply and use on our Site. It also applies to how we process personal data generally in our business.
The Site is operated by Hoults Limited and all affiliate companies.
For the purposes of European and UK data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is:
Newcastle upon Tyne
Data protection officer: email@example.com
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from and about you
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include:
• information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Applications, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Applications, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Applications, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
• a link to your social media account profiles if you choose to provide this, for example, the web address for your LinkedIn profile i.e. linkedin.com/username;
• information about your job title including details about your role, name of employer, industry, skills and expertise;
• which of our office locations you use most regularly in accordance with your employment;
• communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Applications or its content;
• information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them; and
• information from promotions or competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications, if you choose to respond to, or participate in.
You are under no obligation to provide any of the information listed above. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services or to work with you.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site or Applications or when you visit us in person we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team. We aim to ensure that you cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site or Applications and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
• information we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, your image if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting any of our sites, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
• information about events to which you or those related to you are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
• information relating to transactions with us involving you or the person that you work for, (for example, details of services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
•Information we collect from clients.
• Information to meet our obligations under certain money laundering regulations, we may process information including but not limited to your photograph, utility bills, bank statements and certain other government issued documents (e.g. your passport) in order to verify your identity
• Information about your debit/credit card, bank account information and payment status that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your membership application and administering your membership. This may include information about you received from our payment processor or bank, for example whether payment has been declined
• information about your use of our buildings, including location data for example, the times and dates of your access to our buildings, who you are visiting or who is visiting you, events you attend and what services you make use of.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties (any party that refers you to us or provides us with services relating to you, for example). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Disclosure of your information
We share your personal information with:
• Any member of our company, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
• Selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Legal basis for this disclosure is that it is necessary for performance of the contract between us;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and Applications and subject to the cookie section of this policy and your consent;
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you. Legal basis for this disclosure is that the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• if Hoults Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case it is our legitimate interest to transfer to make the personal data held by it about its customers to be one of the transferred assets. Legal basis for this processing is that it is in our legitimate interests.
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you. Legal bases for this disclosure will depend upon the nature of the disclosure but may be the fulfilment of a contract with you or a third party, compliance with a legal obligation; or the pursuit of our legitimate interest to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Office Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content of such sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or Applications; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely on servers provided by trusted third parties. All our third party providers are carefully vetted for data protection compliance. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using industry approved technologies. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We retain personal data until you decide to unsubscribe. This may include retention necessary to meet to identify issues or resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
If you are based in the UK / European Economic Area (“EEA”) note that your Personal Information may be transferred, processed and stored outside of the EEA, for example in connection with our use of cloud hosted IT systems. In the event that your Personal Information is transferred to, maintained or processed by other parties located in the United States or otherwise outside of the UK / EEA, all such transfers will be made in compliance with applicable law to afford you the same levels of protection as you enjoy within the UK / EEA.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
• to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
• to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
• refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal or to any other existing legal justification of the processing activity in question – withdraw your consent at any time;
• to require to not be subject to any automated decision making which produce legal effects on you or affect you with similar significance;
• to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
• to request that your data be transferred to a third party in a structured and machine-readable format;
• to take legal actions as well as to lodge a complaint before the competent data protection regulators.
Additionally, you shall be entitled to object to the Processing of your Personal Data:
• at any time, if your personal data is used for direct marketing purposes; and based on grounds relating to your particular situation, if your personal data is processed for other purposes.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time, raise a query about this policy, or amend your preferences, by contacting us at:
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.
Changes to this policy
Should you wish to make a further enquiry or complain about how your Personal Information is being handled, you may raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO“). Further details on reporting a concern can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
Newcastle upon Tyne